Yes, they do taste as good as the sound. We adopted this one from the wonderful Jordana Levin of The Inspired Table. The chai just gives it that little spicy twist to the velvety smooth goodness.
Sunday afternoon snacks just got a little nicer this winter. Let us know how you go!
BANANA, CACAO & BEETROOT MUFFINS
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 cup Change Beetroot Cacao Cahi
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium overripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a muffin tray with baking paper or patty cases.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, chai, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, vanilla and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the mashed banana, milk, oil and maple syru.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Don’t over mix or your muffins will become rubbery (Be gentle!)
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes. You can store muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Spelt flour: Substitute for your choice of flour.
Non-vegan substitutes: If you’re not vegan you can replace the coconut milk with regular milk and the coconut oil with butter.